Subject: How have things changed in 4 years - languages?

From: Alex Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 01:27:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

After a near 4 year absence,  I find my self once again able to dabble in computational chemistry.

Back when I took my PhD there was a lot of interest in the adoption of F90 and the use of C and
C++ in computational chemistry.

Since then, I left the true cause and got involved in writing commercial software (databases,
middleware and stuff like that).  I a really interested to see if those developments have
increased substantially, or it F77 still dominates the landscape as it did 4 years ago.

I want to know simply because I would like to spend some personal time cleaning up the code I left
4 years ago.  Hence, it would be logical to 'keep with the times'.

Thanks for any pointers.

AJ

For introduction:

Dr Alexander J. Turner
Principle Developer
Armature Retail Solutions
Company email: [email-masked]

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/