Subject: Viewmol(2.2 or 2.1.1) on DEC Alpha with Mesa

From: Pablo Vitoria Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:01:07 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,

I recently dowloaded the program Viewmol (2.2), and compiled and linked it
with no strange messages in my Dec Alpha OSF1 with Mesa. But the program
does not work due to a "Segmentation Fault".
I decided to try the previous version (2.1.1). It runs quite OK (the
visualization of the IR/Raman modes is fantastic! I love it!) with
Gaussian outputs. But the visualization of orbitals behaves very
strangely, it is useless.

Did anybody succesfully installed Viewmol 2.2 (or 2.1.1) on a Dec Alpha?
Could you give me any hints about which the problem may be?

Thanks a lot

Pablo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pablo Vitoria Garcia 
Departamento de Quimica Inorganica, Facultad de Ciencias
Universidad del Pais Vasco (UPV/EHU)
Apartado 644, E-48080 Bilbao
SPAIN
e-mail: [email-masked]
Phone: +34 94 6012000 Ext. 5529
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------