Last Call for Papers: ACS NY - Data Integration: What's New?
At this ACS Meeting this coming September 7-11, 2003, there will be a
symposium entitled 'Emerging Trends in Discovery Data Integration' and I
invite you to participate!
We're all familiar with the idea of data integration, having talked about it
for years and even made substantial progress toward 'putting it all
together,' but the landscape is changing. Today's integration is much more
complex than yesterday's because of new technologies and new business
Suggested topics for talks in this session are:
- The various _types_ of data to be brought together - more diverse
than in the past
- The increasing demand for coherent functioning of diverse systems
- Different perspectives on what 'integration' means.
- Enabling technologies - from a scientist's perspective
- Federation vs. data warehousing
- Information integration across organizational/functional/national
- Novel user interfaces that help get the job done
If you have other ideas about discovery data integration, please let me
You can submit abstracts on-line using OASYS
e-mail, fax, or mail. See below for addresses:
Questions and ideas are also welcome.
See you in New York!
Mitchell Miller, Ph.D.
Tel. 801 569 1390