By posting to the list, you agree
to adhere to the rules outlined in this document.
These rules, regarding what topics are acceptable/unacceptable
and commercial announcements, represent
a consensus of subscribers of many past discussions.
Do not reopen Pandora's box -- please.
Topics which may appear on the list include:
- software/hardware-related issues
- bugs: Reporting bugs in chemistry software and possible
- programs and utilities
- availability: Information on the availability of particular
software, data, etc.
- hardware-related issues relevant to the
computational chemistry community
- announcements of
- new chemistry software
- computational chemistry-related workshops and symposia
- new methods and techniques in computational chemistry
- Q&A: questions and answers about solving computational
- opinions about services and products
Topics which may not appear on this
- personal attacks
- topics unrelated to computational chemistry
- announcements of
- commercial "meet us at the booth..." announcements
- job openings or CV's
- address inquiries:
- Do not send address inquiries to the list. Try searching
Google or printed directories or on-line
- look up the ACS Directory of Chemistry Departments
in your library
- As a last resort, if you have exhausted all
these options, contact Administrators of CCL.
via e-mail (chemistry-request at ccl.net) or
Mail Web form available from CCL Home page.
- job announcements:
Do not send job openings directly to the list -- this is
one of very few things that supports CCL list. Use
Job Submission Page (100 USD per job) or
send e-mail message to jobs at ccl.net
(150 USD per job). Your support is very needed to support work,
hardware, software, disposables, and connection charges.
The CCL Job Service is a very efficient way to attract
excellent candidates, since it is being reviewed daily by hundreds
of professionals in this field.
Commercial software: software sold to
anyone for more than a cost of packing, shipping and handling.
If you wish to submit a commercial announcement to
the list, please respect the following rules:
- Be brief -- Short (25 lines or less) commercial
postings are allowed of they are relevant to CCL community.
- Be straightforward -- The subject line
should be straightforward.
- No reposting -- Reposts of software announcements are
not permitted unless new features/releases become available.
- No "vaporware" -- Announcements of "vaporware"
(software that is not yet working/available),
and invitations to expositions and trade shows at
meetings are not allowed.
- No job advertisements (to the list).
To limit traffic on the list to matters of general interest
and to cover the cost of running CCL,
announcements concerning employment opportunities are
- You can submit commercial postings of any length
(e.g., demo software, manuals, use cases, brochures, etc.)
to the list administrators at
chemistry-request at ccl.net and/or
upload them to the anonymous CCL FTP site (ftp.ccl.net)
as described in the
CCL Instructions Page.
They will be reviewed by CCL Administrators before placing them
on CCL Web Site. You can then use the link provided to
annouce the availability of this material to CCL subscribers.
There is a suggested service charge of 100 USD for this service.
In no event will the Computational Chemistry List, Ltd.,
its employees and affiliates, or the list administrators
be liable for the opinions or materials posted. We are
not reviewing the materials submitted to this list and cannot stop
their distribution. The software and messages distributed by
the Computational Chemistry List come without any
warranty -- if you decide to use them, you do so at your own risk.
The list is provided "as is" to computational chemistry researchers;
it is provided with the intention of helping computational chemists.
However, the data/information and software comes with no explicit
or implied claims of validity or suitability. Use at your own risk.
By posting to this list or placing materials in CCL Web site,
you agree that the content represents your personal opinion.
Return to Top