From: jobs at ccl.net (do not send your application there!!!)
To: jobs at ccl.net
Date: Wed May 4 00:34:24 2022
Subject: 22.05.04 Computational Chemistry Lead/Associate Director, USA
Computational Chemistry Lead/Associate
Longwood Fund-backed NewCo is an exciting early-stage biotechnology
company developing novel bifunctional small molecules for fine-tuned
control of post-translational modifications beyond ubiquitination,
building off the same principles that underpin PROTACs. We will
unlock directed protein post-translational modifications as a
therapeutic strategy to treat a broad range of diseases such as
oncology, immunological diseases, and metabolic diseases as well as
What you will do...
- In close collaboration with medicinal chemists and project teams,
apply a wide variety of drug-design and computational chemistry
methods towards hit-finding, optimization of potency, selectivity,
and ADME properties while minimizing toxicological risks.
- Assimilate, summarize, and apply SAR understanding by leveraging
physics-based and data-driven modeling technologies to address
- Contribute to the enhancement of the computational chemistry and
cheminformatics infrastructure by developing, implementing, and
deploying state-of-the-art computational tools and workflows.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new technologies
and approaches to drugging traditionally intractable targets.
- PhD, or equivalent, in the field of chemistry or computational
chemistry with 8+ years of experience working in small-molecule
drug discovery teams in a pharma or biotech setting.
- Experience leading technical teams and programs.
- Strong track record of successfully applying computational
approaches, including but not limited to SBDD/FBDD, pharmacophore
development, data analytics, virtual screening, machine-learning,
and molecular dynamics studies to impacting drug discovery.
- Strong understanding of modern drug discovery including Biology,
Medicinal Chemistry, and DMPK principles.
- Ability to independently solve problems, to think critically and
creatively as part of a fast-paced and multidisciplinary team.
Ability to help lead, recruit and cultivate a high performing team.
- Experience with Schrodinger, MOE, Dotmatics, and either KNIME or
Pipeline Pilot; Proficiency in Python and the Linux environment a
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in an
extremely fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all
- Strong sense of urgency to help bring new and more effective
medicine to patients.
- Passion for drug discovery and to help accelerate the drug
discovery and development process.
- Goal-driven, operates with a sense of urgency, highly
collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, and creative.
- Ability to dive deep into the details while focused on the big
How to apply:
NOTE THAT E-MAIL ADDRESSES HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!!!
If interested, please send your resume to Emma Seabrook
All @ signs were changed to ^ to fight spam. Before you send e-mail, you
need to change ^ to @
For example: change joe^big123comp.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let your prospective employer know that you learned
about the job from the Computational Chemistry List Job Listing at