From: jobs at ccl.net (do not send your application there!!!)
To: jobs at ccl.net
Date: Tue Jun 4 13:58:01 2019
Subject: 19.06.04 Postdoc (m/f/d) Computational Chemistry, AbbVie, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Postdoc (m/f/d) Computational Chemistry, AbbVie, Ludwigshafen, Germany
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from
Abbott Laboratories. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation
to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases.
AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Postdoc (m/f/d) Computational Chemistry.
The position is offered for 2 years.
- The focus of your role will be to provide computational
chemistry solutions for neuroscience drug discovery
projects from exploratory to lead and candidate stage
by applying and developing novel data analysis and
state-of-the-art CADD techniques.
- As part of our computer-aided molecular design group
you will participate in multi-disciplinary project teams
and apply hypothesis-driven computational molecular
design techniques to solve medicinal chemistry
- You will effectively collaborate with local and global
chemistry functions and cross-functionally with other
disciplines to advance our computer-aided drug design
- PhD in computational chemistry, theoretical chemistry,
structural biology or a related field including experience
with cheminformatics, molecular modeling and
medicinal chemistry concepts.
- Familiarity in applying commercial and/or open source
molecular modeling and cheminformatics tools
including experience in most of the following areas:
analysis of protein-ligand structures and intermolecular
interactions, ligand-based and structure-based design,
molecular docking, molecular dynamics simulation, and
- Good programming skills in Python, experience with
cheminformatics and data science toolkits and
experience in data mining and automating workflows.
- A keen interest in gaining experience in industrial drug
discovery research and a strong drive to answer
medicinal chemistry questions by applying and
developing in silico applications and new techniques.
- Ability to develop and articulate clear scientific
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
across multiple disciplines.
WE OFFER YOU
- A fantastic opportunity to work in in a world-class team.
- A mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person.
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including
flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system,
which is one of the best in Germany.
We are looking forward to your online application
Please provide information about your salary expectations and
possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Learn more about AbbVie Deutschland at
for more information about the
therapeutic areas in which were active.
NOTE THAT E-MAIL ADDRESSES HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!!!
All @ signs were changed to #%# to fight spam. Before you send e-mail, you
need to change #%# to @
For example: change joe#%#big123comp.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let your prospective employer know that you learned
about the job from the Computational Chemistry List Job Listing at