From: jobs at ccl.net (do not send your application there!!!)
To: jobs at ccl.net
Date: Wed May 29 14:38:34 2019
Subject: 19.05.29 Senior Scientist (m/f/d) Computational Chemistry, AbbVie, Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
Senior Scientist (m/f/d) Computational Chemistry,
AbbVie, Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
Location: Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
Job Type: Full-Time
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from
Abbott Laboratories. The company's mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation
to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases.
AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
- The focus of your role will be to provide computational
chemistry support for neuroscience drug discovery
projects from exploratory to lead and clinical candidate
- You will develop design hypotheses and efficiently and
pro-actively apply state-of-the-art computer-aided
molecular design methods to neuroscience drug
- As part of a multi-disciplinary project team you will use
hypothesis-driven computer-aided molecular design to
solve medicinal chemistry problems applying current
best practice in molecular modeling.
- You will play an essential role in data extraction and
analysis, the design of focused compound collections,
prioritization of compounds for synthesis and computational
chemistry method development.
- You will collaborate with local and global chemistry
functions and cross-functionally with other disciplines to
- PhD in computational chemistry, theoretical chemistry,
structural biology or a related field and more than two
years of relevant experience in an industry setting in
computer-aided drug design with basic knowledge of
- Expert knowledge in 3D molecular design and modeling
including experience in most of the following
areas: protein structural modeling, ligand-based and
structure-based design, molecular docking and virtual
screening, fragment-based design, molecular dynamics
simulation, quantum methods, pharmacophore modeling,
and predictive modeling.
Proficient in using state-of-the-art modeling software (e.g.
Schrödinger, MOE, CCDC) and familiar in automating
workflows using Python and pipelining tools (e.g.
KNIME, Pipeline Pilot); familiarity with Linux and HPC
- Global team player skilled at articulating clear scientific
hypotheses and at working effectively across disciplines.
- Comfortable communicating and presenting your daytoday
work in English. German is a bonus.
We offer you:
- A fantastic opportunity to work in a world-class team.
- A mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person.
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including
flexible work models, multiple benefits, and
comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system,
which is one of the best in Germany.
We are looking forward to your online application at
Please provide information about your salary expectations and
possible start date.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
for more information about the therapeutic areas in which were active.
NOTE THAT E-MAIL ADDRESSES HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!!!
Learn more about AbbVie Deutschland at
All @ signs were changed to ]*[ to fight spam. Before you send e-mail, you
need to change ]*[ to @
For example: change joe]*[big123comp.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let your prospective employer know that you learned
about the job from the Computational Chemistry List Job Listing at