From: jobs at ccl.net (do not send your application there!!!)
To: jobs at ccl.net
Date: Wed Oct 25 00:11:11 2017
Subject: 17.10.25 High Performance Computing and Cloud Specialist, permanent position. Avant-garde Materials Simulation, Freiburg, Germany
High Performance Computing and Cloud Specialist, permanent position.
Avant-garde Materials Simulation,
Avant-garde Materials Simulation is the world-leading provider of software
for organic Crystal Structure Prediction (CSP). We have successfully
competed in the last three CSP blind tests and intend to pioneer other areas
of predictive materials modelling. We rapidly deploy new technology to some
of the leading pharmaceutical companies. AMS'GRACE software is the
world-leading software tool for Crystal Structure Prediction (CSP). You will
be responsible for deploying our GRACE software on various HPC LINUX
clusters and on the cloud and for achieving optimal computational performance.
Before you can apply for this job at
you need to fill out the application form at:
The position is permanent. You will report to Dr. Marcus Neumann, the
founder and director of Avant-garde Materials Simulation. As part of your
mission, you will:
- Profile and accelerate GRACE and important third-party components such as VASP or FHIaims
- Fine-tune GRACE and important third-party components for various hardware environments
- Develop and maintain an automated installation procedure
- Remotely install GRACE at user sites
- Introduce and maintain a license server
- Customize GRACE for use on the cloud
- Collaborate with our system administrator to identify and buy the most cost-effective hardware
- Train AMS' scientific software developers to write speed-optimized code for mission critical bottlenecks
- You have good C++ and FORTRAN programming skills
- You have experience with BASH scripting
- You are familiar with writing parallel high-performance MPI code
- You are familiar with installing and compiling software on HPC clusters
- You are familiar with the INTEL profiling and performance-tuning tools
- You are familiar with using and configuring resource management systems such as SGE or SLURM
- You are familiar with running CPU-time intensive calculations on the cloud
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You are committed to reduce the carbon footprint at work
- You can execute complex projects independently
- You are a team-player
- Can-do attitude
- You readily accept guidance by senior colleagues
- Intercultural awareness: our customers and teams come from all over the world. Thus it
is important to be able to adapt to different mentalities and cultural contexts.
- You are rigorous, precise and solution-oriented
What we offer:
a work place where you are given the opportunity to shape your future
We are a small family business with short communication paths. The impact of
your work is immediately visible and directly supports other team members.
We aim to provide a professional environment in which people from all over
the world at different stages of their lives can find the work-life balance
that suits them. Because we care about our employees, our customers' needs,
scientific progress and the planet, working at AMS does have a meaning.
- Flexible work time management around core hours
- Part-time work for some of the positions
- Training for job specific topics as well as to grow your own potential
- yearly: 25 days paid leave + about 10 days public holidays
- Equal opportunity policy
- Help with settling in
AMS is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all
suitably skilled applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disabilities,
religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
NOTE THAT E-MAIL ADDRESSES HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!!!
- What matters most to us, beyond your skills and experience, is your mindset. Tell us more about it in your covering letter!
- Please fill in our Application Form:
we take security very seriously and never open attachments from unknown sources. Let us know which position you are applying for: first copy and paste the job title into the field Letter of motivation, and then write the cover letter addressed to our HR and Communication Manager Elsa Gheziel-Neumann. Please indicate your earliest availability.
- We will first collect applications until mid November, and then start to give you feedback via Email.
- Upon successful completion of a Skype interview, you will be invited to Freiburg for a series of interviews and tests with AMS staff.
All @ signs were changed to | to fight spam. Before you send e-mail, you
need to change | to @
For example: change joe|big123comp.com to email@example.com
Please let your prospective employer know that you learned
about the job from the Computational Chemistry List Job Listing at