From: jobs at ccl.net (do not send your application there!!!)
To: jobs at ccl.net
Date: Thu Dec 22 10:23:57 2016
Subject: 16.12.22 Senior Scientist, Molecular Simulation at Research Center Pharmaceutical Engineering GmbH, Graz, Austria
We are looking for an active, highly qualified SENIOR SCIENTIST, Molecular Simulation with the ability to work independently and as a member of an international research team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply state-of-the-art molecular simulation technologies to establish properties and understand/predict the behavior of materials used in pharmaceutical formulations.
Typical examples include the estimation of tribo-electrification based on a drugs molecular and crystalstructures, modeling chemical drug degradation in the solid state,
or the calculation of molecular mobilities for the optimization of amorphous solid dispersions as drug formulations.
- Develop new scientific ideas, methods and technologies.
- Actively participate in project teams/ meetings/ scientific networks.
- Report and present scientific/ technical results and contribute to publications & presentations.
- A PhD in a related field, such as theoretical chemistry, bio-physics, or chemical engineering.
- Experience in the use of molecular simulation at various levels of theory (ab-inito/DFT, molecular mechanics and dynamics, coarse grained simulations).
- A good background in physical chemistry, statistical mechanics, and related fields.
- A good working knowledge of at least one programming and/or scripting language that is commonly used in this field (C, C++, python, perl, ).
- You are familiar with Unix/Linux systems, and you can navigate on the command line.
- Ideally you are familiar with advanced simulation methodologies, such as extended ensemble techniques or metadynamics, have experience in the optimization of classical empirical
force fields, and/or have experience in applying ab-initio methods for calculation of bulk material properties.
- Professional conduct and communication skills in dealing with international clients, partners and colleagues.
- Good English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Interest and experience in performing top-level and target-oriented research at the interface of basic science and industrial application
- a permanent position in R&D at the interface of scientific and industrial work,
- a multidisciplinary and dynamic research environment and access to highly modern infrastructure on campus of Graz University of Technology,
- options for career development at the academic and industrial level
- a competitive salary (min. 42.000.- gross/year, overpayment - depending on qualification - possible).
We are looking forward to receiving your application, indicating the Ref. Nr.including a cover letter, your CV and credentials!
Research Center Pharmaceutical Engineering GmbH
Sandra Resl,Inffeldgasse 13, A-8010 Graz, +43 316 873-30904, sandra.resl-.-rcpe.at, http://www.rcpe.at
NOTE THAT E-MAIL ADDRESSES HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!!!
All @ signs were changed to -.- to fight spam. Before you send e-mail, you
need to change -.- to @
For example: change joe-.-big123comp.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let your prospective employer know that you learned
about the job from the Computational Chemistry List Job Listing at
If you are not interested in this particular position yourself, pass it to
someone who might be -- some day they may return the favor.